March 7, 2014

Mothers and Daughters : Katie and Daughters


Katie :  "At night, after the children are in bed and sleeping, I will often stand in the doorway to their bedroom and watch them sleep. I will listen to their breathing. I will whisper to them and tell them how much I love them. I will call on my Heavenly Father, thanking Him for giving them to me and pleading with him to watch over them.


Sometimes I will cry. Sometimes the tears are sad. I don't want them to grow up. I want them to stay my babies forever. I want their voices to stay tiny, forever calling me "momma". I want their hands to stay dimpled and chubby. I want to play with them and read to them and sing to them always.
Most times my tears are happy. Happy because I have been blessed with the opportunity to raise these precious children. Happy because although they will grow up and leave my care, they will always be mine. I believe that God has a plan for us and that our family can be together eternally. 

My most earnest desire for my children is that they will experience the love that I have for them. I know what it means to have joy. How many people can truly say that? I want them to have joy. True joy and happiness is in the family. My prayer is that my daughters will choose to be mothers. Nothing in life brings the lasting happiness, the joy, that motherhood brings."